It’s almost Holiday break at La Jolla Montessori School!
So, please continue doing what you’ve been doing since May while you’re at home with your family this holiday season. To begin, please consider these low-risk Montessori school holiday tips:
- Include your children every day! How about creating homemade decorations, cards, letters and gifts together?
- Host a dinner with only people living in your immediate household
- Host a virtual dinner and share recipes with friends and family
- Shop online rather than in person
- Host a watch party featuring sports events, parades or movies from home with your family.
As you may know, San Diego County and the California Department of Public Health are encouraging all individuals to avoid unnecessary travel. As such, CA has issued travel advisory tips which highlight the following two messages:
- All persons arriving in California from other states or countries–including returning California residents–should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival, and,
- Limit all interactions to your immediate household.
We all love traveling during the holidays to visit family or hunker down at a vacation spot.
But, it requires no effort to just stay at home with family!
So, if you decide to travel this holiday, please be responsible. Your holiday movements will impact every classmate, teacher and extended La Jolla Montessori School family. And, we’ve gone seven months without a COVID-19 incident.
2020 has been a year of change. As a result, we’ve needed to seek personal ways to make our own changes. So, let’s continue to shake it up!
Although we have been forced to create new ways to do routine activities for the sake of our collective health, a 2020 holiday at home with family will give us the opportunity to start new traditions.
We hope these holiday tips are helpful to you and your family. Thank you for partnering with us and creating a positive change for our children. You know, enjoying the holidays at home with family is a wonderful idea!