Trained Montessori Guide (Full-Time)
La Jolla Montessori School is growing!
We are seeking trained AMI Primary and A-to-I Guides interested in implementing an English/Spanish Bilingual Immersion vision of Dr. Montessori’s method. We are looking for positive, mature and supportive colleagues interested in working in a bilingual, co-teacher setting to start summer (2023).
Montessori Guide Duties May Include:
- Serve as a trained Montessori Guide for our Primary Program (Children 3-6 yrs old).
- Work an 8-hour shift that includes one 10-minute break and one 30-minute lunch. Hours vary depending on the position with the most common shift being from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. School hours are from 7:30am – 5:30pm.
- Montessori Teaching Credential (AMI preferred; applicants can be currently training)
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English or Spanish.
Authorized to work in the U.S. (We cannot sponsor Visas at this time).
- Experience working with young children.
- Flexible, helpful and engaging attitude.
- Willingness to support potty training.
- Willingness to submit to a background check (required by licensing).
- Experience working as a Montessori Guide (not required).
- Possess a desire to connect a community of staff, parents, and students to our vision.
- Innovative problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in addressing children’s needs.
- Excellent observation skills.
- Ability to listen and be present.
Compensation + Benefits:
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and education. Benefits include 70% insurance paid, paid vacation, tuition discount for children, 401k, professional development opportunities, and supportive staff and administration.