Assistant Teacher (Full-Time)
PLEASE NOTE: This is a job posting for our NEW school opening June 2023 located in Vista, CA called Shadowridge Montessori School.
We are seeking positive, mature and supportive staff members to work as Full-Time Assistant Teachers to support our early childcare staff.
Assistant Teacher duties may include:
- Serve as floating teachers for the Primary (3-6yrs) and Toddler (18mos – 3yrs) teachers.
- Floating teachers work across multiple rooms covering 10-minute bathroom and 30-minute lunch breaks.
- Once trained, floating teachers may be asked to substitute when teachers are absent
- Provide visual supervision on the playground.
- Provide support to teachers by helping the children who nap settle down to sleep.
- Serve a lead role in planning and staffing our extended day program.
- Our extended day program is largely play-based.
- Children have opportunities to choose to play on the playground or select from a variety of puzzles and crafts.
- Assistant Teachers work an 8-hour shift that includes one 10-minute break and one 30-minute lunch. Hours vary depending on the position with the most common shift being from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. School hours are from 7:30am – 5:30pm.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Experience working with young children
- A flexible, helpful and engaging attitude
- Willingness to support potty training
- Willingness to enroll in 12 credit hours of early childhood courses (required by licensing)
- Willingness to submit to a background check (required by licensing)
- B.A. and experience with young children either toddlers (18 months – 3 years old) or Primary aged (3-6yrs)
- Full or Partial Completion of the 12 Early Childhood Education units required by licensing:
- Child Development-3 units
- Family, Child and Community-3 units
- Infant/Toddler Class- 3 units
- 1 Curriculum classes, your choice-3 units
Compensation + Benefits:
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and education. Benefits include paid holidays, health and dental insurance, 401K plan, professional development opportunities, and tuition discount for children.